At Phinney Ridge Dental, we are proud to offer a wide variety of comprehensive dental services that heal your family’s oral health issues and enhance and beautify your smile. From maintaining consistent oral health to addressing multiple dental issues, we are here to provide support as your family dentist in Seattle, WA.
Part of your dentistry treatment includes patient education so that our patients know just how important their oral health is, and how it can affect your general well-being. Your general dentists, Dr. Micah Bickel and Dr. Bryant Trinh, provide all the dentistry you and your family need along with excellent patient care. We work hard to provide a calming and relaxed environment because while the dental care is necessary, it doesn’t have to be uncomfortable or stressful.
From preventive treatments to restorative and cosmetic dentistry, we can fix whatever your smile needs.
General Dentistry Procedures At Phinney Ridge Dental
General dentistry is the foundation for crafting a smile that makes you proud. With healthy teeth and gums, you can start thinking about improving your look—from whitening them to correcting gaps between your teeth; the possibilities are endless.
Tooth-colored fillings, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental crowns in Phinney Ridge mean we can stabilize, protect, and repair teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay, infection, injury, or regular wear and tear. Our doctors can create beautiful and natural-looking tooth restorations that can last for years and beautify your appearance. The restorations we provide can include:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings—Fillings are applied to a tooth after Dr. Bickel or Dr. Bryant removes tooth decay, which seals your teeth and prevents reinfection from food particles and harmful bacteria.
- Dental Crowns—If you have a chipped, cracked, broken, or fractured tooth, a dental crown covers the entire surface of your tooth. Dental crowns prevent further fracturing or breaks and can prevent enamel erosion, decay, or wear and tear. Dental crowns also absorb the force from eating and chewing, so you don’t have to change your eating habits.
- Dental Bonding—Minor tooth flaws like chips, gaps, uneven sizes, or bad staining can all be addressed with tooth-colored composite resin. This is the same material your dentist uses for cavities; they look natural and beautiful and blend in with your smile.
- Root Canals—When tooth decay goes untreated, it can affect the pulp of your tooth, which may cause a lot of pain. Root canals remove the infection and allow you to save your tooth. Once he removes the tooth infection, Dr. Bickels and Dr. Bryant will protect it with a dental crown to prevent further infection.
We may utilize multiple dental procedures to address oral health concerns.
Comprehensive Family Dentistry
Every age has its own unique dental needs, and we are happy to address your entire family’s specific needs. From your child’s first visit to our pediatric dentist to understanding the challenges of age-related dental problems, we provide all the dental therapy you need. General dentistry services we provide include:
- Preventive dental exams
- Digital x-rays
- Dental cleanings
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Dental bonding
- Gum disease treatment
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
Dr. Bickel and Dr. Bryant make sure that each patient receives the highest standard of dental care.
What To Expect From Exams & Dental Cleanings
We strongly encourage our patients to get regular dental checkups and cleanings at least every six months—sometimes even more often if they are getting treatment for gum disease or tooth decay. During your routine dental exams, we can:
- Look for any potential dental health problems
- Check for oral cancer or disease
- Look for cavities or infection
- Screen your teeth and gums for gum disease
- Clean your teeth of tartar and build-up
Your routine dental checkups and exams include a full teeth cleaning and polishing, along with a comprehensive oral check. Our doctors check your fillings to make sure they aren’t loose or need to be replaced, along with any dental prosthetics you have. They will check for bruxism (when you clench or grind your teeth,) a condition that puts uneven force on your molars and can result in cavities, cracks, enamel erosion, and even tooth loss. If you notice that your jaw is sore all the time, contact Phinney Ridge Dental to schedule a checkup.
Regular visits to our dental office at least every six months also allow you the opportunity to talk to Dr. Bickel or Dr. Bryant about your oral health, along with questions about dental procedures.
Your Unique Dental Treatment Plan
We work hard to create an environment that’s comfortable and makes our patients feel safe enough to contact us immediately with any dental emergencies or concerns. Our wonderful dental team loves creating a trusting relationship with our patients, so they feel inspired to practice good oral health and maintain a healthy smile.
Whether you only want regular dental cleanings and checkups, or if you are treating severe dental issues, we will develop a unique dental treatment plan and individualize it for you. Once you feel comfortable knowing your dental process and the benefits of each procedure, we can lay out your smile goals.
If you need additional dental treatment, we can go over the process and determine your best options. Together, we set smile goals so you can always enjoy perfect oral health.